Pages

Thursday 26 May 2016

My Short Story

Blog Post Title - My Short Story


For this piece of writing I have focusing on my vocabulary and punctuation. I have been learning to:
  • Use a large productive vocabulary across the curriculum (Year 9/10)
  • Use a wide range of punctuation appropriately and with increasing accuracy. (Year 9/10)


The pieces of my writing that are highlighted green are where I have shown my vocabulary and punctuation goal

The Campsite Tornado!


‘Wake up, wake up, wake up Georgia’ my mum yelling and pounding at my door
Today is your BIRTHDAY!!! and we are going camping and if you don’t get ready now we will leave you behind
‘Yeah, yeah I will get up’ I said half asleep. I start to pick out some clothes, shoes and any other random thing I think is necessary to take. I get dressed and head down stairs my younger brother Braden and my older sister Lily were at the table eating breakfast while my mum and dad were packing the car.

‘Come kids hop in the car we are leaving’ dad yelled at the top of his lungs.
We all pile into the car and we start the 2hr drive to the camp site.
‘Are we there yet’ Braden Yells from the back of the car
‘Braden we literally just got in the car’ Mum says

‘Yay we are here!!!!’ Lily screams
We start to unpack the car, the first thing we unpack is the tent and we all help put it up.
Once the tent is up dad and I start to blow up the air mattress and the bunk beds.
‘Why is there no service here’ Lily complains
‘Lilly we are camping hand in your phone, you can’t have it back until we get home’ Dad says angrily.


‘Mum what time is it’ Braden says
‘5pm’ Mum replies
‘Mum can I go for a walk to find the lake, I want to take some pictures to show my friends’ I ask
‘Sure Georgia, as long as you pack a backpack with some food and water just in case you get hungry’
‘Ok bye mum, I will be back in about half and hour’

After walking for about 15 mins i stop to eat something and then i realise i have no clue where i am.
I take my phone out and then i remember Lily said there was no service.
I decide to set up a little tent thing with some sticks because i can't find home.
I am very tired so i go to sleep.


‘Wait what's happening' I say to myself
All of a sudden it gets really windy and that's when I realized it's a tornado
I start to try and find my way home but I don't know which way is which.
I decide to just try and get some rest and in the morning I can try and find my way home.

The next day the storm has passed and I try to find my way home, I get to the cabin which I remember passing on the way to the lake so that means I must be going the right way. I get really hungry so I decide to stop and have some food I don't have much left so I better get home quick.

After walking for hours and hours I finally see the campsite and I run as fast as I can to our tent.
‘Georgia your back are you ok?, I thought you were coming home last night’
‘Yeah i was until the storm hit and I was lost and didn’t know where to go’ I said.
‘Oh ok well we are glad you are home now’ Dad replies
‘Well I guess it's time to head back home now’ mum says
Ok does that mean I get my phone backLily screams
‘Yes Lily!’ Dad says
‘Yay!’ Lily screams


No comments:

Post a Comment