Pages

Thursday 30 July 2015

Distinction Evidence Kapa Haka and Choir

Kapa Haka

At kapa haka on Friday we were practicing for the open night that we were having on Tuesday. The songs we sang were He Honore, Whakataka Te Hau, The haka and Pa Mai. I was really excited to preform because it was only the year 6, 7 and 8's preforming.
We also got our Kapa Haka uniform because we were preforming in uniform.
After we had finished practicing Kapa Haka I went over and got a pair of long poi and started to practice.
Because I was a year 7 I would not be doing the poi this year but I will be next year.
It was really fun practicing the long poi because then next year I will have a better understanding of how to do it.


Choir

At choir the first thing we did was warm our voices up we did this number one and also this one where you have to say red lorries yellow lorries and say it over and over again it was really fun. 
We then sung some songs out of our music booklet which was really cool. We sang 'This little light of mine', 'The Mexican Wave' and many more.
To finish off choir we sang Hallelujah. Hallelujah is my favourite song in choir because we get to sing it in Maori as well as English.  

No comments:

Post a Comment